Getting Started. You arrive at the menu the same way as before: find your course in Blackboard, go to Collaborate in Course Tools, and then click "Create Session."
1. The new menu is broken down into two sections: Session Information and Room Options. The green-font options below Room Options drop down when you click on them.
2. In Session Information, you can name your session and set times for when it is available.
3. Under Room Options, you can determine the "Session Type"--that is, whether users in just this course or in all of your courses can attend the session.
4. In Teleconference Options, you can determine settings for users to phone into your session.
5. In Room Attributes, you can manage recording options, audio/visual settings, permissions and preloaded content.
6. In Grade Center Integration, you can create a grade within Blackboard for the session.
7. Under Assign Roles, you can assign the role of participant or moderator to all users.
9. When finished, click Save.